Cleaning your swimming pool toys and floats
If you have backyard swimming pool, you probably have a lot of pool toys and floats. These can include inflatable rafts, noodles, and other pool accessories. Over time, these items can get dirty and become covered in mildew or mold. Here are some tips on how to clean your swimming pool toys and floats:
- Start by taking all of the toys and floats out of the pool area. This will give you a chance to inspect them for any damage or wear and tear. If you notice any holes or tears, you will need to replace the item. This is also a good time to sweep and clean the pool area.
- If possible, clean the items with fresh water from a hose before using any cleaning solutions. This will help remove any dirt or debris that is on the surface of the items.
- If the items are very dirty, you may need to use a mild soap or detergent. Be sure to rinse the items thoroughly after cleaning them with soap. Vinegar is also a natural cleaner that can be used to clean pool toys and floats. Baking soda can also be used as a gentle cleaning agent.
- Once the items are clean, you can allow them to air dry in the sun. You may also want to put them in a storage container with a lid to keep them clean and dry when they are not in use. When not in use, you may also want to consider deflating any inflatable items to save space.
- If you are storing the items for an extended period of time, be sure to clean them and allow them to dry completely before putting them away. This will help prevent mold and mildew from growing on the items.
Following these tips will help you keep your swimming pool toys and floats clean and in good condition. This will allow you to enjoy using them for many summers to come! For any pool and spa questions, please visit us at apoolandspa.com!